Friday, April 01, 2016

April Already!!

Yup, like the title says... it's April already - eeeek!!  Whatever!!  It's time for a new challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, as always the "theme" is to use patterned paper somewhere on your creation.  I have a (pretty simple) Christmas card to share
The gorgeously cute image was from Tiddly Inks it came as a freebie with another image, though I can't find any reference to it on the site now.  I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils - with the obligatory shiny nose (Glossy Accents)
The papers are from Basic Grey's Jovial collection (well the tartan is, not sure about the other one)  The image panel was cut with a Lifestyle Nesting Circle the image mat with Spellinders Lacey Circles using cream pearl card, and the "noel" was cut with a Tim Holz die, using red card from my stash with LASHINGS of Glossy Accents on it.  I added the red dots on the image mat with Stickles.  The festive looking braid is from my stash, and I've had the Kaisercraft Twinklet for ages... it looks so much better IRL, but I gave up trying to capture the sparkle and still keep the image at least reasonably in focus!
I know the rectangular tartan panel looks crooked, I have no idea why as it was definitely straight!
As usual I added a bit of detail to the inside of the card... I never add too much to the inside of Christmas cards as I'm always behind the eight ball time wise; now of course that's NOT the case this year but old habits die hard, lol.  The sentiment is a wooden stamp I've had for-eva!  I have no idea of the origins, it does stamp really well :-)  I kept the reindeer theme going with a small wooden reindeer coloured to suit with Copics
That's about it for my card, pop over to the challenge blog and check out the rest of the team's inspiration... and why not join in while you're there... it really IS the easiest of themes and as always there's a fab prize on offer. 
I'll be back soon, until then here's the challenges I'd like to enter this card in ... and Happy Crafting until next time.
Challenges: 
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge (Christmas) Use Your Stash
Jingle Belles Santa or any other "North Pole" character
Sweet Stampin' Christmas Cute Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (Christmas) Use a Sentiment
Crazy 4 Challenges Use Circles

19 comments:

Di said...

I love this card Donna - and really with all the work it's anything but simple! Beautifully designed and made!

Hugs

Di xx

Sand Lee said...

The inside and out...is just great! I need to start making Christmas cards! xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable card! Love how you followed the theme to the inside of the card too! Thanks for joining us a HIMCR!

Teresa Kline said...

hello! this is pretty, luv your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp Wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

SmilynStef said...

Love the braided cord ... what a fun little reindeer ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Dortesjs said...

I love this card, so very sweet and cute

Hazel said...

A lovely inspiration design card for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge, Donna and thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 274 - hope to see you again soon x

LauraEva said...

what a beautiful card!! thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card. Such a great image and I love shading of it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
Lynn, HJ DT

Meighan Wheller said...

What a fabulous Christmas image. Love this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, please join us again soon. Meighan DT

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I love the image! Thanks for playing at TTCRD!!

Denice said...

I absolutely love this image and fun papers you used...makes for a grat card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TTCRD, hope you'll join us again for more of our weekly Anything Goes challlenges.
Denice - TTCRD DT

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful card. I love your coloring and the papers you have used. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


Thank you for taking part in our Art by Miran challenge, you Creation is a
totally stunning creation, divine colouring and arrangement! hugs x

Catie Cuddles said...

A lovely elegant card, love it. Catherine x

lauren bergold said...

oh what a great card, i love the patterned papers you've chosen and of course that beautifully colored reindeer would be perfect ANYWHERE! thanks for celebrating the residents of the north pole with us this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Adorable Christmas card! I love that image and the way you have him colored! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina- 4CC DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute. Thanks for entering our challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends (sorry I'm so late popping by to see your lovely creation).
Lynn, LPoCF DT

Rachel said...

Super cute Christmas Card. Love your image.
Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx