Sunday, February 22, 2015

If Friends Were Flowers

I have the third of my Sketch Saturday Guest Spot cards today, I thought I'd make a "friendship" sort of card... it's good to have a card in your stash that will fit a number of occasions!
Following along with my recent theme of "inherent laziness" I've made a card that has the 'inside' showing from the 'outside'... this time I've added a front, I just made it acetate so you can see through it!  The image and sentiment are on the front the rest is... NOT, lol.  As You Like It wants to know if we like CAS or Fussy... I like this "level" of CAS, so the image is the focus, but I like nice papers too.
Once again I think the sketch really lends itself to this sort of arrangement...  it wouldn't have worked using the half-front sstem I used last week as the card would have fallen over :-))  The acetate was from some packaging and is really sturdy... no falling over for this puppy!
The papers are from Merci's Tangerine pad - or at least the one sheet of paper I used is, lol.  The cardstock used in the double matting is from my stash.
A Random Fan is sponsoring this week's challenge, the cute girlie I've used is "Summer Scent", I flipped her to fit the sketch better, she's "fussy cut" then mounted on foam dots.  The sky is from a digital paper kit from Passion Fruits called Day/Night Skies and the landscape is from Make It Crafty I coloured with Copics, added some extra shading with Prismacolor pencils and glitter to the flowers... those on the image(s) and on the paper.  Cute Card Thursday and Sweet  Stampin' have Floral challenges so I'm entering there, 
I made the sentiment on the computer... here it is as .png file if you want it :-)  Whimsy Inspirations Challenge wants to see a sentiment, I'm in.  The flower is a punch I've had in my stash for yonks, as is the metal rimmed rhinestone brad.  Tuesday Throwdown wants to see metal so I'm entering there.
I added a jotting panel the same shape to the inside of the card, making it a little smaller so you can't see it from the outside.  I added a flower to the inside too to cover up the "legs" of the brad!  That's it.  Through the Craftroom DoorArt by Miran, Craft Your Passion and Simply Create Too all have Anything Goes Challenges so I'm entering them.
Hope you get a chance to check out the fab work the Design Team have come up with, hope you get a chance to enter the challenge too... it's a great little sketch and there's a great prize on offer from A Random Fan too!
I'll be back in a few days with SOMETHING from my drafts folder... I HAVE to start working on it, the twins' birthday is coming up and I haven't shared the card from their last birthday yet... eeek!  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card design and colour combo Ginny x

Pat K said...

What a great take on the sketch Donna...love it. hugs, Pat K x

jimlynn said...

Great sketch and a pretty, pretty, and CUTE card!!!! Love the colors you used for this too. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.
Lynn

Zw@@n said...

Great take of the sketch, Donna. I love the colours and the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous design and I love the secret writing panel - so creative!
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.

Hugs
Carol x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card layout with the inside showing as well, and acetate on the front as well. Darling image and your coloring is great! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for the Use Metal challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous and a stunning take on the sketch. Loving the cheerful colours and the transparent front concept.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous design with us at AYLI, love the acetate front, brilliant idea!! Good Luck!! Sarah:0)

Jacee said...

Very pretty, love your design.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Deonna B said...

This is a Stunning card! I love your take on the sketch! Gorgeous!
thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us at Through the Craftroom Door this week and please come and join us Again soon.

Cass said...

Super card design and pretty colours.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Cass xx

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my DT hat on.
Donna this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 26th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Aurelia Aurora said...

super cute card.. love the layout..Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Art by Mi Ran challenge # 26...Good luck.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the layout & papers!
Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT