Friday, May 22, 2015

...and now for Nathan

Well as promised (?!) I am back with Nathan's birthday card from last March... as you can see it "matches" his sister's .... well I'm sure the "twin" thing isn't going to wash forever so I thought I'd make hay, lol.  I'll be back tomorrow with a DT card so I thought I'd better get this one in or another few weeks will go by without it hitting my blog!
As with Emily's card I used a Wee Stamps digi... it "matched" the Birthday Baby Girl and is called... you guessed it "Birthday Baby Boy"!! Like I said mine are digis, but that's a problem... hopefully only for the time being, it is available at Whimsy stamps as a rubber stamp if you're so inclined :-)  I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils adding some Stickles and Gloss highlights, here's the images "side by side" as it were
I (in the matchy matchy mood I was in, lol) used the same fold as I did for Emily's card, but used a more "masculine" embossing folder; Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots and a more masculine punch which is one my folks got me from one of their many trips to Malaysia.  
I used the same foam letters (Coloured with Copics and "Stickled" to sparkle!) to spell out Nathan's name and coloured and heat embossed the rocking horse - which was in a Christmas set from Bunny Zoes Crafts, not available now... but another one with "other" goodies in has grabbed my attention :-))  Instead of pearls (as I used on Emily's card) I used gold flatbacks, they matched in well with the gold foil card I used for matting.
I used the same font to print the greeting inside the card and Versa ink to distress around the edges of, well, everything :-))
That was it!  I'm hoping that the layout of my card fits the sketch from My Time to Craft (albeit switched around) In addition I'd like to enter the following challenges.
I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for Di's Digi's.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna


Dots and or Circles
More Than One Fold
Topping: No topping
Anything Goes for Kids
CAS
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes

9 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous clean and simple card, thank you so much for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can come and join our next challenge too :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Jacee said...

So cute Donna, a wonderful creation
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

andree said...

I love your card, so cute-I just love the Wee Stamps! Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree (DT)

Thordis said...

Super adorable images, and your coloring is beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week :)

Anita in France said...

What a cute little pair of twin cards, Donna ... so beautifully coloured and wonderfully personalised for each of your grandchildren ... adorable! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words ... they're so appreciated! Anita :)

coldwaters2 said...

What a gorgeous, cute and adorable card love that sweet image and design, thank you for sharing this with us at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
hugs
lorraine x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Amazing coloring and absolutely stunning creation! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day Donna!

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Unknown said...

What lovely card(s) you've made Donna. :) I really love the images and that layout is just so much fun, but I could be biased since I love distressing. ;) Thanks for sharing it at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Jodene said...

This is adorable and I love how you personalised it with the name! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)